Youth Justice Officer - Islington
We are currently recruiting for a Youth Justice Officer for the Islington Council to help in reducing the risk of reoffending and harm presented by the children and youth subject to YOS intervention including Statutory Orders, DTO's and bail.
Pay rate: £30-35
Your main duties will be:
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons in your care.
- Undertake assessments to identify the risk of reoffending, harm, dangerousness and vulnerability of kids and young people by using Asset Plus.
- Dealing with Court orders from referral orders to prison sentences.
- Manage pre-court and statutory caseload.
- Representing the YOS in both the Youth and other courts.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-4 years of experience working in a similar role is essential.
- Court order experience from referral orders to life sentences.
- Experience in doing Asset Plus Assessments is essential.
- Understanding of relevant legislation and assessment framework for under 18s from 2017 to present.
- Qualification in Social work or Youth offending Case Work is preferred.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and a desire to put things right, we would love to hear from you. Please apply today!