A Local Authority in London as looking to take on 2 Young Persons Advisors to work on a temporary contract until the end of September 2020 with a possibility for further extension. This is a full time position where you will be required to work 37 hours per week, with the ability to do shifts in mornings, afternoons and evenings.
- To achieve good outcomes for children looked after and those leaving care, to significantly reduce the gaps in outcomes between them and those within the general population. This will be achieved by:
- Building effective relationships with the children, young people and their carers within your caseload, using a strengths based approach to achieve this.
- To have a thoughtful and relationship based approach, working collaboratively with professionals, carers and parents to ensure trauma informed care is provided, recognising the support needs of all placements, to promote stability and permanence for all children and young people.
- Being ambitious for every child to reach their potential in all aspects of their development including education, health and emotional wellbeing, from 0-25.
- To assess risk and devise multi-agency plans for young people, whilst working closely with their professional network, parents and/or carers.
- Work closely with the professional network to ensure that young people are in the appropriate placement for their needs, and as far as possible that they are given the opportunity for family life.
- To ensure that the voices of young people and carers that you are working with are heard throughout the local authority and that you act for a champion for them where appropriate
- Experience of working with young people, children and/or their families
- A valid and Enhanced DBS/CRB on the update service
- Ability to build relationships with children, young people and their families to deliver trauma informed interventions and help.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, national standards, policy and practice, including current issues in safeguarding and the provision of leaving care services
- Able to travel and to work flexible hours including evenings as required
- Full UK driving License with access to a car
- Ability to communicate effectively and accurately both verbally and in writing e.g. pathway planning, emails and reports with good attention to detail.
Please apply if you are interested!