Workshop Stores Person / Receptionist required on an ongoing temporary basis to cover a sabbatical leave.
This is a position working for the police force and you will be responsible for:
- Ordering, receiving, issuing, documenting and safe custody of motor spares and consumables including imprest stock using dedicated systems (SAP).
- To supply a support service to the workshop staff to enable them to offer an efficient service to the Force.
- Carrying out workshop receptionist duties. To greet customers, both police and outside agencies. Establish requirements, deal with these requirements or pass on to relevant staff as applicable
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- To ensure there is adequate and appropriate levels of stock for the repair and maintenance of Fleet vehicles based on workshop workload. This will include, but not limited to, the raising of official purchase orders through SAP (from local and national framework agreements if appropriate) and receiving stock from suppliers.
- To “goods receive” all purchases in a timely manner and in accordance with systems and audit requirements.
- To maintain stock records in accordance with systems and audit requirements.
- To carry out periodic stock counts and subsequent investigations according to departmental and audit requirements.
- Monitor and maintain stock levels of “Hazardous” substances. Taking into account shelf life, inc maintaining records of COSHH product data sheets.
- To control and record the issue of stock to staff, including the processing of works orders as required. To control and record the issue of stock (bomb tape and other vehicle related consumables) to vehicle users. Booking such items according to provided budget codes etc.
- To provide a workshop “reception” service to include taking phone bookings for work, advising customers when work is complete etc.
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the grade and character of work as may be reasonably required, including specific duties of a similar or lesser graded post
If you have similar experience and are available immediately, please apply below. You will need to have an interview and undergo a security check to include a DBS for this position.