Workshop Machinist & Fitter
St Helens, Merseyside
Are you an experienced Workshop Machinist and love hands on tasks and tinkering with mechanical equipment?
My client is a well-known, successful manufacturer and repairer of rotational machinery (motors, fans, pumps and gearboxes) and they are looking to strengthen their team of workshop staff by hiring an experienced Machinist/Fitter.
Key duties of the role:
- Operation of conventional engineering machinery & tools, including set ups and following standard operating procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively set up all, or at least most, of the following machines: I.D. /O.D. Grinder, Turret Lathe, Radial Drill, and Miller.
- Reads and interpret all working drawings and schematics, including geometric dimensioning & tolerances.
- Undertake fitting duties of mechanical equipment.
- Carry out dismantling, reassembly and testing of rotating machinery.
- Perform tasks with minimum supervision.
To be considered for this role, you will need a strong aptitude for mechanical engineering and possess several years’ experience in machining/fitting of rotating equipment and have preferably completed a machinist apprenticeship or possess relevant qualifications.
- Plenty of overtime available
- 37.5hr working week
- Company pension scheme
- Free company car park
Don’t delay – apply now!