30K - £35K salary depending on experience
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Fitter to join a well-established and very successful Industrial engineering company. Due to the nature of the work, you will have a strong understanding of Pumps, Motors, Gearboxes and Rotating Equipment.
As mechanical fitter, you will be involved in the dismantling, rebuild and refurbishment of pumps, gearboxes, motors, generators and equipment of this nature. You will be responsible for ensuing all inspections and documentation is correctly reported, along with policies and work instructions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Repairs to all types of rotating equipment.
- Dismantling, inspection, condition assessment and subsequent report on received equipment.
- Fault finding of industrial electro mechanical equipment.
- Carrying out root cause analysis of assets.
- Working on site and in the workshop when required.
- Operating specialised equipment such as test panels, test equipment, stoving ovens etc.
- Working within and contributing towards the current health & safety guidelines and site requirements.
- Good team working skills as well as working on own initiative.
- Promote good housekeeping for an efficient working environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Previous experience working on industrial equipment – (AC/DC motors, all types of pumps, gearboxes and mechanical machinery)
- Strong engineering background
- Recognised mechanical apprenticeship / qualifications
- Strong team work and communication skills
- Flexible approach to working times in line with clients nature
Salary: 30K – 35K basic depending on experience
25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
Opportunities to undergo training programmes
If you have the required experience and you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply with your up to date CV right away.