Are you a Lecturer considering a fresh challenge? Looking for a new opportunity in Education? Then REED Education want to hear from you!
Title – Workplace Skills Coach - Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Maintenance
Position – Full time, permanent
Location – South Yorkshire
Salary – up to £27,663 plus market condition enhancement, pro rata
REED Further Education branch are working in partnership with an Education Group in South Yorkshire striving to be an ‘outstanding’ education and training provider.
The college are looking for an industry professional to assess Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Maintenance apprentices in the workplace.
- After recent mergers they have worked with staff across the organisation to create a new set of values that everyone is committed to.
- They celebrate diversity and are proud to have been recognised as Investors in Diversity for their work on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
- They are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, vulnerable adults and young children.
- They offer a generous local government or teacher pension, 35 days annual leave + bank holidays and college closure days, access to several onsite facilities, competitive salaries, free parking at many sites and fantastic career development opportunities.
- The successful candidate is needed to support and enhance the apprentice and employer experience through effective skills coaching and tutoring.
- The skills coach will be a subject matter specialist and will be required to visit each apprentice once every quarter for the entire duration of their programme.
- They will also be required to have regular ongoing contact with all learners & employers and to complete all the relevant paperwork and update all records relating to learner progress.
- This job will involve extensive traveling, as apprentices must be visited at their place of employment.
What do you need to meet the criteria?
Be a confident assessor who can engage with a wide variety of learners (mainly Level 2 & 3) and bring the subject matter to life in a creative and engaging way.
Hold a relevant trade NVQ Level 3 qualification (or equivalent)
Hold A1/V1 Assessors Award (or equivalent)
Have experience working with e-portfolios and delivering apprenticeship standards
A Health and Safety Qualification and teaching qualification is desirable, you will need the willingness to work towards one.
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
- Access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Further Education recruitment
- Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.
All candidates who register with Reed Education will have 5 years’ referencing taken up. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks. Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.