Are you a Lecturer considering a fresh challenge? Looking for a new opportunity in Education? Then REED Education want to hear from you!
Title – Workplace Skills Coach - Engineering
Position – Full time, permanent
Location – South Yorkshire
Salary – £32,000 per annum including market force supplement
REED Further Education branch are working in partnership with an Education Group in South Yorkshire striving to be an ‘outstanding’ education and training provider.
The college are looking for an industry professional to assess Electrical Engineering and machining and manufacturing apprentices in the workplace.
- Have worked with staff across the organisation to create a new set of values that everyone is committed to.
- They celebrate diversity and are proud to have been recognised as Investors in Diversity for their work on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
- They are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, vulnerable adults and young children.
- They offer a generous local government or teacher pension, annual leave + bank holidays and college closure days, access to onsite facilities and fantastic career development opportunities.
- Involves planning, delivering and assessing apprenticeships in electrical engineering, machining and/or manufacturing.
- Is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a team helping to develop the next generation of engineers. Use your knowledge, skills and experience to create a brighter future for engineering.
- Includes assessing & supporting level 2 to 5 qualifications in Electrical Engineering, Machining and Manufacturing with our apprentices in the work-place. Updating and developing their portfolios & carrying out on-site performance reviews and assessments to ensure the next generation of engineers are the very best. Using your excellent IT skills, you will maintain accurate records of student progress via tracking systems.
- You will need to be able to build good relationships, manage a caseload of apprentices and communicate effectively with a diverse range of people and organisations.
What do you need to meet the criteria?
- Be a confident assessor who can engage with a wide variety of learners (up to Level 5)
- Hold a minimum of an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification in relevant trade
- Hold A1/V1 Assessors Award (or equivalent)
- Have experience working with e-portfolios and delivering apprenticeship standards
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
- Access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Further Education recruitment
- Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you.
Did you know?
- We have specialist dedicated recruitment consultants to take care of every part of the recruitment process, and meet all our candidates face to face.
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.