|Location: COLCHESTER, ESSEX||Salary: 25700.00 - 28900.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Education||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 2 months ago||Reference: 3067295|
Pay Rate: £25,700 - £28,900 p/a
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Closing Date: 18/08/2017
Our REED Education FE branch are currently working with a great college on an exciting new role in the Essex area.
The Faculty of Construction and Engineering Technologies are currently seeking a Work Based Learning Assessor / Trainer in Engineering to deliver and coordinate the successful completion of all aspects of allocated work based / apprenticeship candidates, including the carrying out of assessments and the undertaking of pastoral care. The postholder will also liaise with employers, external verifiers and staff to maximise framework completions.
To deliver and coordinate the successful completion of all aspects of allocated work based / apprenticeship candidates, including the carrying out of assessments and the undertaking of pastoral care. Liaise with employers, external verifiers and staff to maximise framework completions.
1. To train candidates both in the college and in the workplace towards agreed qualifications.
2. To recruit and assess new candidates suitable for work based learning programmes in accordance to targets.
3. To complete health and safety assessments of employers premises in accordance to framework requirements.
4. To, at all times, maintain high expectations of learners work, commitment, and behaviour, taking action to ensure the highest of standards are met and to monitor candidates progress, including carrying out regular (12 week) progression reviews and target setting.
5. To complete appropriate awarding body / funding body documentation and ensure compliance of required procedures.
6. To keep and maintain accurate records and documentation.
7. To undertake internal verification processes required by awarding bodies.
8. To competently and professionally liaise with employers and external verifiers in the completion of the above.
9. To attend regular programme meetings and briefing sessions in line with curriculum policies.
10. To liaise with the colleges work based learning and widening participation centres ensuring compliance with college wide systems and procedures.
11. To continuously evaluate and improve the quality of learning and teaching within your work utilising and engaging with the college’s development and observation programmes.
12. To contribute to the development of curricula and specialist facilities within the Faculty.
13. To assist in the promotion and marketing of programmes within your team and centre of study.
14. To actively promote and apply the colleges Safeguarding, Prevent and Health and Safety Policies
15. To actively promote and apply the colleges equality and diversity policy at all times
16. To undertake such other duties as may be required by or on behalf of Colchester Institute provided that they are consistent with the nature of the post.
The successful candidate will possess a minimum of 5 GCSE grades A-C including English and Maths or equivalent alongside A Levels or an equivalent Level 3 qualification in an Engineering discipline. You will also have an Assessor Award or the willingness to achieve this whilst in post and a willingness to obtain a Level 3 Award in Education and Training.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.
All candidates who register with Reed Education will have 2 years’ referencing taken up and will be required to have a DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
25.00 - 34.00 GBP Per Hour
LYNDHURST, HAMPSHIRERead more
26382.00 - 27987 GBP Per Annum
LUTON, BEDFORDSHIRERead more
25339.00 - 27541.00 GBP Per Annum
CAMBRIDGE, CAMBRIDGESHIRERead more
30000 - 30000 GBP Per Annum
HINCKLEY, LEICESTERSHIRERead more
25339.00 - 27541.00 GBP Per Annum, pro-rata
CAMBRIDGE, CAMBRIDGESHIRERead more