Windows System Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Central Newcastle
Salary: £35,000 - £48,000
Start date: ASAP
Benefits: Flexible working/ Training budget/ Sociable atmosphere/ Progression
This global company are currently seeking an experienced Windows Systems Infrastructure engineer to join this highly regarded Infrastructure Team. As a Windows Systems Infrastructure engineer you must have a deep and broad knowledge of Microsoft computer platforms and should be able to communicate well in both verbal and written form. A solid technical background in Windows Server Administration is required as primary responsibility for this role will to provide tier 3 support to the existing windows infrastructure.
You will experience global mobility, industry focus and a push for innovation day to day. This company are looking for a team member who wants to succeed in everything that they do. With a culture of rewarding merit, you will be a valued team member, rewarded through a progressive career path.
Responsibilities of this role will include and are not limited to:
- Deliver solutions in adherence to the EMEA infrastructure sustainability programme and conforming to the project methodology.
- Supporting the 3 year sustainability roadmap to maintain environments and platforms to ensure we have a safe, secure and stable platform to deliver new innovation
- Creation of technical documentation and provision of education/knowledge transfer for IT and Level 1 and 2 teams.
- In cooperation with the Security team, implement and maintain data security best practices in infrastructure solutions
- Building good working relationships with the Service Delivery, Network support and Business Support teams.
- Maintain appropriate support documentation and ensure training plans are in place with an adequate breadth of knowledge with the team to enable full supportability
Required Skills and experience:
- vSphere 5.5 upwards
- Site recovery manager
- Building ESX hosts using scripted install (kickstart scripts), Physical and Virtual Servers
- HPE Server infrastructure Knowledge
- Active Directory, GPO and GPP configuration and management,
- Experience in troubleshooting technical problems
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework
- Ability to operate under pressure and influence decisions
Benefits include and are not limited to:
- Pension plan
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Employee assistance programme
- Private GP and medical insurance
- Discounted gym membership
- Annual leave and holiday buy
- Car scheme
- Childcare vouchers
If this role is of interest, please send your CV over to Hayley.firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP. This company are looking to interview before Christmas!