We have a fantastic opportunity for a Welfare Rights Officer working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a temporary full time role, initially for the next 3 months.
Your role will be to provide specialist welfare rights and tax credit advice, including casework and appeal representation to the residents of the local authority. This support will also include rough sleepers in the Borough, through our Rough Sleeper Schemes.
To assist with benefit and debt advice to residents in the borough, with specialist level welfare benefits advice and appeal representation.
The support will extend to rough sleepers in the Borough, including those accessing A Bed Every Night.
You will assist with claims for benefits and charitable funds as well as helping residents to challenge benefit decisions.
Provide representation at Social Security Appeal Tribunals, up to and including Upper Tribunal Level.
You will need to demonstrate experience in providing welfare benefits advice work, including tribunal representation.
Strong knowledge of the benefits system, especially in the areas of sickness and disability.
Maintain accurate case work records
Assist with claims for benefit
Identify relevant charitable funds, and assist in making the application. Also assisting clients in communicating with outside agencies and council departments.
- Valid Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
- Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a vehicle
- Strong Benefits Knowledge, and knowledge of the Rough Sleepers Scheme
- Previous Welfare Rights Officer experience
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to children and families and senior professionals
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system