Reed supply chain are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Team Leader in the Swindon location.
We are looking for a Team Leader with excellent motivational skills to lead and develop a team of associates to ensure the provision of exceptional service to our customers.
The Team Leader position involves working on a rotating shift pattern so there will be the requirement to work an Early shift, Late shift and Night shifts.
• Controlling and monitoring warehouse processes
• Planning and managing the best use of resources
• Monitoring and controlling work processes
• Monitoring Health & Safety equipment and use
• Ensure recording of all accidents / incidents and completion of all relevant documentation
• Awareness of customer requirements
• Ensuring order and cleanliness in areas of responsibility
• Compliance with all legal requirements in the area of responsibility
• Motivation of staff and leading by example
• Ensuring compliance with SSOW and best practice
• Sickness / absence monitoring including return to work interviews
• Performance management of staff
• Daily recording of all necessary information relating to warehouse activities
• Pallet auditing as required by customer
• Carrying out Fire Marshal / sweeper process for Fire Evacuations, complete roll call on timesheet.
• Recognise and implement opportunities to use energy more efficiently, and promote energy saving initiatives within area of responsibility
• Champion Equality and Diversity within the warehouse
• Deliver induction training and support and assist newly appointed or less experienced colleagues by providing training and guidance to ensure that satisfactory standards are achieved
• Undertake training and development as required to update and enhance own skills and abilities
• Take reasonable care of health and safety of self and colleagues who may be affected by your acts or omissions, ensuring all relevant safety and quality systems are followed and all relevant legislation complied with, raising concerns and reporting any incidents or suggestions to your line manager
We are looking for:
• Commercial awareness
• Previous warehouse experience and knowledge of legal and statutory requirements within a warehouse environment
• Vocational training and expertise
• Qualified and competent to drive FLT
• Basic IT skills including Microsoft Word & Excel
• Acceptable standard of English, both oral and written.
• Supervision of staff within a warehouse environment.
• Ability to delegate and explain tasks to others
• Good understanding of and commitment to safe working practices
• Good communication skills and customer focused