This is an excellent opportunity to join an established and successful SME business based in the Eastleigh area. Salary is negotiable depending on experience, but likely to be in the range £35-40K. And you’ll be joining the business at an exciting time, with a number of special projects coming up, and with the warehouse recently having substantially increased its capacity.
Managing a small team, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring accurate and timely processing of all incoming items
- Planning and managing the warehouse inventory to achieve the most effective and efficient work patterns.
- Planning and managing despatch activities to ensure customers’ requirements are met
- Ensuring compliance with Safety, Quality, Delivery and Performance targets
- Implementation of the weekly rolling stock audit
- Leading a culture of continuous improvement and initiating relevant continuous improvement project activities.
- Ensuring all Health & Safety and Environmental Management rules are adhered to
- Obtaining the best methods of shipment to customers on value and service
- Arranging training of staff reporting to this position
- Ensuring a high level of cleanliness is maintained
- Supporting the Operations Manager with strategic planning and its implementation
The successful candidate will already have extensive management experience of a warehousing environment, with a good understanding of logistics and inventory management. You’ll be focused on meeting quality, delivery and cost requirements, and have strong communication and leadership skills to ensure that key messages are fully understood and followed by the warehouse team. Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills also required. Knowledge of dangerous goods transport regulations would be useful, together with any previous experience of continuous improvement programs.