I am recruiting for a Ward Clerk on a temporary basis at Abingdon Community Hospital.
Your duties will be:
- To work as a supportive member of the team in providing comprehensive administrative support.
- To provide a polite and efficient reception service to ward visitors .
- To develop a thorough knowledge of the databases and computer systems used and use these daily to ensure that they accurately reflect ward activity
- When required to arrange appointments and transport for patients.
- Undertake filing, photocopying and general office duties as required
- To distribute and redirect mail.
- To accurately type and distribute correspondence, and other documents to deal with all aspects of data processing where training has been provided.
- To perform general office duties including: responding to email and phone enquiries. answering the telephone, taking and recording messages accurately responding to queries appropriately, following Trust procedures and protocols
- To assist other team members in their work as directed.
- To manage own time and priorities in order to provide the most effective service.
- To provide cover for reception and clerical team members and provide cross cover within the directorate and across the Trust as required.
This is a temporary role till the end of March 2021 at £11.12 per hour. The shift pattern is as follows:
3.30pm – 8pm Mon – Fri