We have a fantastic opportunity for two waking night support workers at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a Temporary part-time role, initially for the next 2 months.
Your role will be supporting individuals in a hotel setting, who have been previously been homeless or in need of recuperation following hospital discharge. The position requires a lot of emotional support and dealing with general health and well-being issues.
- To attend to the support needs of people who use the service
- Undertake the general health and safety checks of the premises
- Follow fire evacuation, health and safety, risk assessments and accident / plans, monitor and support people.
- Encouraging independence
- Maintaining a safe and homely environment
- Making informed risk which improves or maintains health and wellbeing, self-esteem, and personal safety
- Administering medication (full training required)
- Supporting individuals with personal care including bathing, showering, toileting, and assistance with dressing
- Domestic Duties
- Meal Preparation, cooking, assistance with eating and cutting up food, plus serving of drinks
- Previous waking night support work experience
- Knowledge of homelessness, and how it can affect individuals
- Valid Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
- 23.33 hours a week over seven days, working from 21.30pm – 7.30am
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to children, adults, families, and other senior professionals.
- Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a car (desirable)
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system