Vice Principle: Service Manager TLA Curriculum & Quality (L201)
My client a local authority in Bexleyheath has an interim opening for a Vice principle – for an immediate start with one of their Adult and community learning colleges – this person will be on a daily rate ideally on £400 per day through an umbrella and will be needed in post at least until the end of the year but may well be extended . This role needs someone who is heavily experienced in curriculum.
Purpose of the Job
Individually and collaboratively, the postholder and member of the senior leadership team
• Provide strategic leadership to colleagues, and specialist guidance to the Principal and Strategic Board to ensure improvement, growth and sustainability of the Learning &Enterprise College Bexley, ensuring a vibrant and ambitious offer, outstanding teaching learning and assessment, and personalised employment support to improve outcomes for all clients and students enabling them to achieve their potential.
• Lead and contribute to an increasingly focused curriculum and employment offer that will enable a broader range of residents and businesses to benefit.
• Responsible for strategic analysis in respect of all elements of the curriculum and learning across the four key curriculum areas, informing the curriculum development and College business planning, strategic advice relating to the College’s overall strategic priorities, and ensuring appropriate alignment with corporate, regional, and national strategic priorities.
• Collaborating closely with College and corporate colleagues to ensure curriculum development and delivery meet corporate priorities and directly addresses local needs and priorities making recommendations based on analysis of evidence and performance data.
• Lead on ensuring the curriculum offer meets the needs of residents, local community
and employer needs and is driven by rigorous internal quality improvement processes
• Line manage four Curriculum and Quality Managers
• Producing reports on curriculum and quality issues to the Strategic Board
Education and Formal Training
• Level 5 or above teaching qualification (e.g. Cert. Ed,
PGCE, C&G 7407 stage 3 or DTLLS)
• a minimum of a full level 4 teaching qualification (e.g.
C&G 7407 stage 2, CTLLS) and commitment to
achieving a level 5 qualification.
• OR educated to degree level with considerable proven
management experience in Adult & Community Learning
Proven substantial experience of:
• Managing change in the ACL or FE sector
• Performance management in an ACL or FE environment, including staff development
• Successful planning of provision to meet the needs of the community and reflecting strategic priorities, the Common Inspection Framework expectations and funder requirements
• Producing effective self-assessment reports and Quality Improvement Plans within the Ofsted Common Inspection Framework.
• Proven track record of achievement and bringing about improvement within a college environment
• Have a thorough understanding of evidence based TLA strategies
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of teaching and learning, OFSTED requirements, ESFA requirements and ability to apply quality assurance mechanisms to the delivery of services
If you have the necessary skill set please apply on line today or send your CV directly to Francesca.firstname.lastname@example.org