Our mission is simple… to help the world Love Mondays.
Every week, thousands of people across the UK start a new job – and it’s our job to help them get there.
REED is a specialist provider of permanent, contract, temporary and outsourced recruitment solutions.
We require a Validations Officer to cover an existing workload within Warrington Council, working from home.
To undertake the technical validation of a range of planning applications. Building control and land searches elements of job spec not included in role. You will familiarise yourself with the departmental policies, procedures and ambition for continuous improvement. In addition, to procedures and criteria for checking and validating an application for Planning and Building Control approval, the scale of fee charges and the formula for calculation of fees.
The knowledge and skills required in the role:
- Experience in dealing with business systems and the application of these to support the delivery of an effective planning service.
- Develop a knowledge of the key technical components of Planning and Building Control, specifically what constitutes a validate application under the consent regimes and an ability to calculate fees
- A willingness to learn and develop a skill base to deliver an effective technical support service in planning and building control and keep up to date with changes in legislation.
- An ability to problem solve in a planning and development context, using knowledge of the statutory regulations and procedures that support both regimes.
- Excellent communication skills, in written, spoken and graphic forms, particularly an ability to interpret maps including the ability to explain these issues to colleagues and the general public.
This role offers a competitive salary of £20.00 PAYE Per Hour and you’ll be working via REED who offer great benefits such as discounts, cashback offers and more as well as weekly pay.
Any offers would be subject to right to work checks.
Please apply now or email and join us in loving Mondays!