We have a fantastic opportunity for a Part Time Urban Renewal Officer, working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a temporary part time role, initially for the next 1-2 months.
Your role will be to support in the delivery of Disabled Facilities Grants, by improving private sector housing conditions by promoting and delivering a range of activities. Including carrying out of House Inspections, production of schedule of dilapidations and works.
Provide technical support in all relevant Urban Renewal activities.
Support compliance with Housing legislation, housing health and safety standards, and generally improving the quality of life for residents in the Borough.
You will be responsible for delivering a range of activities, including surveying properties/housing inspections, providing schedules of work.
Working in a wide range of internal and external customers and providing excellent customer care.
You will need to work effectively and efficiently within the team and to tight deadlines, whilst managing your own workload.
Excellent organisational skills are essential, and some knowledge of private sector housing would be useful.
You will be required to work from home due to the current pandemic, and travel to customers homes to conduct surveys and inspections.
- Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a vehicle.
- Previous Urban Renewal Officer /Housing experience would be beneficial.
- Enthusiastic and Flexible team player
- Part Time 22 Hours a week Monday to Wednesday
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to the tenants, landlords, colleagues, and senior professionals.
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system