One of the largest Local Authority based in London are looking for a passionate, highly experienced, and enthusiastic planning professional to join their busy, dedicated Planning Applications team dealing with a full range of applications ranging from householder extensions to small scale major schemes.
The council has adopted ambitious planning policies to ensure that their communities benefit from the highest quality design that also protects and enhances the borough’s unique built environment.
To succeed in this role, you will be customer-focused, have excellent negotiation and communications skills. The ability to use your initiative to find creative solutions is essential.
You will have the skills and experience to:
- Understand the principles of excellent design and place-making and have experience (or demonstrable ability) to advise on how to achieve high quality infill development within a dense urban context.
- Assess complex applications that requires a careful balance of competing planning policies, paying careful attention to detail and delivering high quality work
- Apply the heritage assessment considerations (statutory tests and NPPF tests) in relation to conservation areas, listed buildings and other heritage assets
- Work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Work productively with stakeholders including residents, councillors, contractors and other partners.
If you have the required experience and skill set apply now for immediate consideration.