Reed Education are one of the approved agencies tasked with supporting schools with tutors in the new academic year. We are looking to appoint a Key Stage 1 Tutor to work with Primary Schools within Scunthorpe from September 2020.
Tutors will deliver tuition to identified students, either on a one to one basis or in small intervention groups.
Teachers, Teaching Assistants and Tutors will all be considered and are invited to apply.
Reed Education are looking to recruit well qualified and talented academic professionals who will work alongside teachers and senior leadership to provide tuition to students who have fallen behind with their studies after months out of school. Many have not accessed any remote learning throughout lockdown. A study last week found that around 2 million children in the UK have done little or no schoolwork throughout.
- To deliver tuition and support students in order to raise their levels of attainment.
- Worked with Senior Leadership team and Phase Leaders to lead on improving rates of progression
- To liaise with the class teacher before tutoring, to identify areas for development and support
- Prepare personalised learning programme and agree outcomes to meet students’ needs.
- To establish a relationship and understanding of learning needs before tutoring begins.
- Have a flexible approach to meet the needs of the student and the school.
- Liaise with the class teacher during the tuition
- Provide feedback
- To ensure strict confidentiality in all areas of work.
- To work and process personal and sensitive information in accordance with Data Protection Act 2018 including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
- Report any concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Lead in each respective school immediately.
Rates of pay will be determined by experience and the needs of the student(s) and will range from £18 - £25 per hour.
All successful candidates will also be asked a set of Covid-19 specific screening questions before any assignment.
For more information please hit apply or contact your local office on 01724 749550.
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate and checks of the relevant barred list / prohibition lists