Reed Education Cardiff are looking to recruit an experienced SEN Tutor to work within a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) within the Caerphilly County Borough. This position is starting immediately with the possibility of being long term for the right Tutor.
Within this role, you will be required to teach and support individuals with a range of Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (SEBD). All lessons will be carried out on a group basis of no more than 5 pupils and you will have the support of Teaching Assistants (TA’s) within the group. You will be required to teach a range of subjects including Maths, English, Science, Humanities, Creative Arts, ICT and Animal Care. The pupils will also take part in in sporting activities throughout the week.
The pupils within the PRU have a range of social, emotional and behavioural difficulties and therefore, do display severe challenging behaviour. This role is not for the faint hearted and the pupils require a Tutor who is firm but fair but can also display empathy when needed and who has the ability to engage with pupils and recognise the needs of each individual.
Working Monday to Friday during term time, the hours of work will be 08:30am - 16:30pm.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of teaching/tutoring pupils with severe challenging behaviour
- Ability to tutor within a group
- Strong behaviour management skills
- Firm but fair characteristic with the ability to engage with pupils and show empathy
- Be a flexible and confident individual who has a creative approach to teaching
- Ability to communicate clearly & effectively
- Commitment to improving the lives of young people
- Good organisational skills
- Independent working skills
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Teach and support individuals
- Help to prepare resources and equipment
- Liaise with other educational professionals
- Liaise closely with parents and guardians
- Plan, deliver and assess teaching and learning, using proven methods and approaches that enable SEBD pupils to learn
- Engage and motivate pupils
- Promote wider aspirations and values, as well as adhering to working protocols Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures, fully engaging in safeguarding training
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or FE qualifications
- PGCE (either Primary or Secondary)
- A valid DBS on the update Service (Reed can help you obtain this if needed)
- Excellent references
If you have a positive attitude, are passionate about working with young people and you have the right qualifications and qualities that we desire - we want to hear from you. Please send me your most up-to-date CV, by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button. If you have any questions, please contact the Reed Education, Cardiff, office and ask Sian Davies on 02920 386515.
Reed Education are very proud to be supporting schools across Wales through the National Procurement Service Framework. The pay rates quoted within this advert are subject to the role requirements stipulated by the school at the time of requesting a member of staff from us. Pay will always be clearly discussed and clarified with you before an assignment begins.