Reed Education are currently working alongside an Outstanding school for pupils between 2-19 with a wide range of complex medical, learning and physical needs, who are looking for a strong and experienced Tutor to support a pupil on a 1:1 basis within their home environment.
About the role
You will be working with a young person with a combination of needs including ASD, selective Mute and potential learning difficulties combined with significant gaps in learning. Due to the circumstances, you will be working alongside the SENCo and SLT to develop and implement a bespoke and tailored learning package that reflects the scheme of work being delivered in school, to allow for a smoother transition back into school.
You must have experience in supporting students in core key skills- literacy and numeracy as well as working with students with ASD. Experience working with Mute individuals would be advantageous.
The school prides itself on the sense of community that they have been able to develop, so someone who is passionate and eager to be part of the school community is essential.
In return for your hard work, you will receive;
- Levels of pay that reflect your experience.
- Choose how you wish to be paid- through an Umbrella company, or through ourselves as a PAYE employee, giving you control of your finances.
- We don’t shy away from AWR- maintaining your rights as a temporary employee to receive pay to scale within longer term assignments.
- A specialist consultant who will deal with you exclusively and provide you with additional support such as CV writing, interview guidance and honest feedback.
- Access to CPD including Safeguarding training, PREVENT and Team Teach.
- Reed Benefits including access to various insurances and discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme of £100 per referral.
- Access to our pension scheme
What you will need;
- Relevant Teaching Qualifications and experience- QTS essential
- Experience teaching in SEND environments or tutoring SEND students on a 1:1 basis
- A passion for supporting SEN pupils with a variety of needs and ensuring they are able to overcome barriers to learning and engage in the curriculum
- Dedication, initiative and resilience to overcome issues faced
What do our candidates say about us?
“I'd recommend Reed because they are a trusted brand in the recruitment industry. I’m glad I decided to work with Reed. It’s really great how easy everything is, their team keep you updated and are very supportive which gives you a lot of extra confidence. The professional service provided and the fact they get results is a winning combination.”
If you think that this may be the role for you, click apply now!
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding therefore all successful applicants will be subject to Enhanced DBS check, Prohibition Check, two years' references, face to face interview and qualification checks.