An exciting opportunity has arisen for a six month Fixed-Term Contract Transportation Manager who is ultimately responsible for the recruiting, training and management of a team of data analysts.
The prime function of the team is to manage the validation, processing, forecasting and reporting of the Company's invoices.
The job holder will maximise efficiency of the Transportation invoice management & validation processes while minimising financial risk to the business, including the management of the Company's processes.
The job holder will seek to work collaboratively to identify opportunities for new reconciliations, and for process improvement in the business.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that the business is being charged accurately by suppliers, and ensuring credit notes are received where this is not the case.
- Manage relationship with other suppliers, ensuring that processes are managed effectively and that prompt payment is received for the invoices.
- Look to improve processes involving the rest of the business and external data providers.
- Reviewing cross departmental processes relating to charges to determine weaknesses, design and implementation of proposed solutions.
- To define and implement processes, systems and tools needed to develop enhanced control, forecasting and MI for the department. Responding to changes in regulatory environment.
- Monitor and review Suppliers’ charging methodology to anticipate potential financial impacts arising from past, present and future costs.
- Develop enhanced comparative MI which will identify status and risks arising from charges.
- Quantify risks and with the business drive the development of strategies to resolve or mitigate. To identify areas of commercial advantage and maximise the benefits to the business. To report on these commercial advantages.
- Monitor all invoices from third party service providers & progressing claims for liquidated damages in accordance with contracts / SLA’s.
- Represent business by participating at shipper forums. Become the business expert liaising with Legal & Regulatory Dept, Operations, Sales, Corporate Finance.
- Ad-hoc reporting, analysis and project work as required.
- Responsibility for managing their team’s activities to ensure all relevant HSE risks are appropriately mitigated
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Excellent numeracy and attention to detail, with proven problem solving skills
- Excellent PC and system skills including databases
- Knowledge of systems such as Banner, CQMS, MRM etc would be advantageous
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills