A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a transport planner to join a Local Authority on an initial 6 month term -
To undertake specific specialised projects to develop and deliver major cycling, walking and bus priority infrastructure improvements across the city. The post holder will work to given timescales, costs and other project/programme related specifications. The post holder will provide professional expert advice on transport engineering and comments to team members as part of the scheme development process
· To manage projects in a highly proactive manner to ensure value for money and timely delivery, ensuring relevant information systems are kept up to date, identifying slippage to projects, taking remedial action where necessary and ensuring that any variances are reported to the Service Manager and Transport Schemes Manager to make any adjustments to programmes or projects.
· Provide inputs to plans/budgets for work programmes associated with the Transport Capital Programme and plan and organise self to complete work programme to time, budgets and other project controls
· To development and implement solutions to complex issues related to major cycling, walking and bus priority projects.
· To provide technical engineering and/or urban design advice and comments to internal and external stakeholders to inform their approach to designs and add value to projects to ensue benefits for all sustainable modes.
· To keep an up-to date knowledge of relevant developments in the field of work to ensure compliance with policies/regulatory framework and apply relevant rules
· To prepare and present reports on complex issues to senior officers, the Portfolio Holder or to committees as and when required.
· To develop successful internal and external business cases
· Monitor and control scheme expenditure against named transport budgets and targets using the finance management process
· Understanding the operational risk management procedures and standards on complex programme and multi-team a issues.
· To coordinate specialist resources and skills both internally and externally to ensure the successful delivery on time and on budget of complex multi-year transport projects.
· To maintain regular contact with internal and external customers beyond the scheduled meetings, regarding project delivery, planning and monitoring.
· Will lead on behalf of the company with external contacts such as land owners, developers, Sheffield City Region to shape partnerships and relationships to deliver agreed services and projects.