PRINCIPAL TRANSPORT PLANNER
My client are a South East London Local Government Authority who are seeking an experienced Transport Planner to start this Principal appointment immediately
Main Purpose of the job:
To act as key technical lead on transport planning matters for the Bakerloo Line Extension (BLE) and other related infrastructure and regeneration projects.
To act as transport planning lead in lobbying for phase 2 of the BLE. 1, working collaboratively with TFL, GLA, Southwark, Bromley and Network Rail to ensure a co-ordinated policy position.
To manage and co-ordinate highways and transport input into major projects, working in collaboration with internal and external partners to deliver the Council’s strategic objectives.
To develop the Council’s transport strategies, policies and programmes, providing a strategic approach to the formulation and implementation of major transport projects.
Key experience / attributes:
- Experience in developing transport strategies and projects from conception through to prelim design in particular
- Experience liaising with a variety of stakeholders on complex major projects, including agreeing shared objectives
- Experience in a range of schemes, ideally including public transport projects, interchanges, highway corridors and public realm
- Local authority experience preferred
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral
Keen to recruit the perfect candidate asap do not hesitate in submitting your CV today!