Do you have experience as a Transport Planner?
Are you wanting to work in a fast paced environment within a transport team.
- Plan all relevant customer deliveries utilizing the software available at site to ensure delivery windows are met.
- To arrange the delivery of the customer’s product on time and in full using the most cost effective means possible and best use of available resources, whilst complying with Transport Legislation and Health & Safety.
- Liaise with the Driver in relation to delays and possible issues with delivery.
- Liaise with the Customer in relation to delays and possible issues with delivery.
- Develop back haul lanes with both Fleet and 3rd party customers whilst maintaining fleet utilization.
- Source local agency drivers as and when required (in conjunction with our PSL) providing an accurate brief of job required.
- Source local sub contractors as and when required.
- Complete a late load report in line with operational requirements and deadlines.
- Ensure loads meet safety standards.
- Manage the Drivers ensuring start times are adhered to
- Pre-Brief Drivers to ensure that they fully understand their instructions.
- De-Brief Drivers upon their return to ensure that all documentation has been completed correctly.
- Manage WTD Compliance
- Download Driver cards for analysis
- Comply with all Transport legislation reducing tachograph infringements to below the company target and adhering to WTD regulations.
- Ensure all aspects of maintenance (tyre checks, servicing, MOT etc.,) is compliant to the maintenance manual and the law.
- Conduct regular meetings/ reviews including probation assessments and return to work interviews.
- Ensure compliance with Agency Driver checklist.
- Communicate routes to and liaise with customers
Key Experiences needed:
- Experience of working in a busy Transport office
- Knowledge of Drivers Hours, Tachograph and WTD legislation
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement.
- Good standard of education
- IT literate
- Knowledge of Health & Safety
- Commercial understanding
- Knowledge of transport systems.
*Please only apply if you full fill all requirements needed for this position*
*Due to high volume of applications not all applicants will be contacted*
If you are interested in this position please APPLY ASAP!