I am so excited to be recruiting for a local company who are seeking a Transport Planner to join their ever expanding and evolving company. This is a full time, permanent opportunity for someone who is willing to work hard, demonstrate a passion for the job and be willing to learn. Working hours and Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
As Transport Planner, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Managing the daily vehicle collections based on insurance company instructions
• Routing collections for your own designated area incorporating deliveries and returns where possible and preferable to do so, through a combination of company owned trucks and sub-contractors
• Understand and be familiar with all Driver processes, procedures and legislative requirements including the working time directive
• Communicate thoroughly with the Drivers regarding their collections, returns and deliveries
• Manage sub-contractor selection and activity including timely notification to the subcontractor of required collections and deliveries.
• Ensure that collections are carried out within the terms of the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA) and on collection that the company is notified
• Understand all aspects of the planning department including specialist and small lorry collection processes in order to provide cover for this department as and when required
• Carry out other transport specific duties as directed by the Transport Planner Team Leader and understanding the process of routing work through the Driver’s hand-held devices
You will be joining a fast paced, busy and bubbly transport office. Knowledge of road transport and UK geography will stand you in good stead for this role. You should be able to demonstrate an understanding of driving issues, including “Driver Tacho Hours”. You must have exceptional communication skills to deal not only with drivers but also senior members of staff. You should be self-motivated, organised, resilient, flexible, focused and able to use your own initiative. You should also show a willingness to review and suggest improvements to the driver and vehicle routing applications.
My client offer some incredible benefits which includes a comprehensive induction programme and training on the role. Part of the package will also include 22 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays, childcare vouchers, monthly well being initiatives, employee shopping discount scheme and company contributed pension scheme.
If you are interested in learning more about this incredible opportunity or would like a full job description, please get in touch with Alex on 01702 444391.