Transport Specialist - to £45k (neg)
This is a new role reporting into the Operations Director. We are looking for a Transport Specialist to manage all 3rd party logistics contracts for the organisation, specifically identifying issues, escalating and resolving, being the point of contact for all contracts and manage all related communications. This is not a fleet or driver management position, there is no in house fleet to oversee. You will report into the Senior Management team and report on KPIs and performance, seeking improvement initially and across time.
The Role will encompass:
- You will manage the transport contracts
- Review price and drive down cost where possible
- Identifying issues
- Resolving issues
- Reporting on KPIs and performance of suppliers
- Develop process improvement
- Have a focus on service levels
- Ensure goods reach the customer on time
- KPIs, metrics and report back.
- You will be the specialist for all Transport activity for the group
- Report to senior management
Experience and skills sought:
- Proven experience managing 3rd party logistics contracts
- Excellent communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of the Transport Market
- Customer focused
- Experience of Logistics / Transportation
- Keen problem solver
For more information and to register your interest please apply and one of the team will be back in touch. We wish you success with your application.