**HOT NEW JOB**
Job Title: Transport and Distribution Manager
Salary: £42,000 gross per annum.
Job Type: Full Time
Hours of work: 7.00am until 4.00pm
Our client offer a nationwide delivery service, delivering weekly to our customers using their own in-house fleet of 25 articulated DAF wagons and circa 50 trailers.
The successful candidate will manage the efficient running and development of the transport operation, working closely with Sales and Warehouse departments ensuring all customer orders are delivered on time and all service levels are met.
The transport manager is responsible for overseeing our in-house garage. The garage consists of a manager and three mechanics who maintain the fleet. The transport manager must manage health and safety and also costs within their area of control.
The successful candidate will hold a CPC National or International qualification and will manage and control all operational matters and assume functional responsibility for the management and control of the fleet as required by the VOSA (Operators Licence. Including all technical matters involved in fleet management.
- To ensure transport compliance with "O" Licence requirements.
- Manage all processes relating to dispatching and routing the company’s fleet.
- Plan, organise and manage the transport and garage departments to ensure the operational, customer service and cost objectives of the business are met and comply with all statutory requirements.
- To ensure all members of the transport team deliver excellent customer service.
- Direct Investigations to verify and resolve customer complaints.
- Keep up to date on relevant changes in standards and legislation.
- Implement schedule and policy changes within own area of responsibility.
- Collaborate with other managers and staff members in order to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
- Monitor operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules and government regulations.
- Promote safe working activities by conducting safety audits within your own area of control and attending company safety meetings.
- Conduct Disciplinary Investigations/Hearings were necessary.
- Conduct investigations in cooperation with government agencies to determine causes of transportation accidents and to improve safety procedures.
- Conduct employee training sessions on subjects such as employee orientation.
- Ensure that workplace’s health and safety requirements are met.
- Ensuring all vehicles operate within legislation including vehicle licensing and insurance.
- Ensure all transport and garage department records are completed correctly and kept for the required length of time.
- Ensure company/employee compliance with Government legislation/ VOSA.
- Responsibility for purchasing vehicles, trailers, fuel and other necessary equipment.
Skills & Experience:
- Transport/Fleet Management experience and knowledge of transport systems and compliance.
- HGV class one Licence, would be advantageous.
- CPC National or International holder will be required to be a nominated CPC holder on O License.
- Computer literate particularly with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Team Player.
- Attention to detail.
To apply please use the link.