Transport Assistant – Felixstowe - £18,000 to £23,000
Are you looking for a career move where you can work in a friendly team, learn from experienced people and develop and long career in Shipping & Transport?
Reed Shipping and Freight are currently recruiting for a Transport assistant to join am independent Freight forwarding company who pride themselves on delivering a personal and professional service to its clients.
This is a great office to visit, the office is warm and someone always greets you with a smile when you walk in, this client has been a big contributor to ours and their own charity events.
- Vehicle planning and implementation of daily loading schedules.
- Day to day supervision of drivers.
- Work within a dedicated team to maintain and control vehicles and drivers.
- Liaise with drivers, managers and planners.
- Liaise with the workshop to ensure vehicles are available for repair/service as required.
- Maintain and accurately update driver, vehicle and delivery details on company computer system.
You have experience of working in Shipping or Freight Forwarding (must have)
You are motivated to give great customer service via phone & email
You can build strong internal and external relationships
What’s in it for you?
Starting salary: £18,000 to £23,000
20 days holiday (plus bank holidays
Private healthcare (AXA Health)
Access to “holiday buy back scheme” to increase holiday to 25 days (plus bank holidays)
Working with a great team who offer support in a friendly but hard working environment
Please apply or get in touch with the Reed Recruitment team in Ipswich