TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Hours 37 per week
Salary £23,000 - £26,000
Ambitious regional charity requires a Training and Development Officer.
About the role
It is an exciting time to consider being part of the team. As part of the people team, you will work across the organisation to coordinate and deliver a planned programme of training and support to all employees and volunteers and help deliver learning opportunities to unpaid carers. You will provide regular mandatory social care training to support the delivery of high quality carer services for unpaid carers, including regulated care breaks, as well as delivering supplementary learning and coaching across teams at the organisation, and potentially to external organisations.
The successful candidate will have a background in delivering training in a variety of formats to suit different audiences and will enjoy the challenge of a diverse workload.
- Support the delivery of the organisation’s training strategy, with responsibility for the training coordination and delivery within it.
- Carry out training to maximise individual and team potential, including coaching, mandatory social care training, observations, workshops, virtual training, individual specialist support, assessing trainee learning.
- Be responsible for all matters relating to effective training delivery, including development, planning, booking, delivery and evaluation of effectiveness.
- Be the organisation's training expert, providing updates on new regulations and day to day advice and support on specific practice queries, including visiting carer hubs and individual homes at times.
- Support the organisation as an expert in the use of the My Learning Cloud platform.
- Support in the development, review and implementation of relevant policies.
- Track and review compliance against KPIs, promptly highlighting areas of concern.
- Compile and present training and development data and reports.
- Identify gaps in training knowledge and coach appropriately, supporting different learning styles and helping to implement organisational change.
- Be responsible for maintaining an effective system of records that are GDPR compliant, accurate and up to date to support effective monitoring.
- Be responsible for the data quality and perform regular quality assurance of any data worked with.
- Help develop and maintain consistent guidance and templates on our systems, including on the website.
- Build and maintain links with external organisations and trainers as needed.
- Develop a robust, accessible training programme, supporting others to take on training responsibilities as part of their development and to cover absence.
- Work with managers to ensure that training attendance information is recorded accurately and verified for payment.
- Proactively link with teams to make learning and development an integral, visible and celebrated part of the organisation.
- Be an active member of the people team, inputting to budgets, plans and meetings.
Qualifications • Minimum L3 teaching qualification (PTLLS or equivalent)
• NVQ L3 Health & Social Care (or equivalent)
Experience and knowledge • Competent and confident with MS programmes (Word, PowerPoint, excel)
• Experience of delivering high quality training to a diverse range of users and stakeholders in a variety of ways
• Must be confident designing and delivering training materials • Experience working in the charitable sector