I am currently supporting a business that provides Financial Advisers and their clients with products and services that offer a great support on the Financial Planning Industry side including Pensions. The client is looking to recruit a Trainee Scheme Manager to provide proactive wide ranging secretarial and governance support to the Client Directors and Scheme Managers across a portfolio of clients. They will build valuable client experience by supporting senior colleagues preparing for and attending Board meetings and getting involved in a variety of project work. In addition, the candidate will build strong relationships with the trustees, advisers, and be ready to answer queries from members about their pension benefits.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
• Supporting the delivery of client-facing activities on the Pensions and Financial Planning side
• Preparing vital governance documents for client meetings and leading discussions on these at client meetings
• Assisting in the day to day running of pension schemes and proactively managing priorities and workloads to meet client needs
• Contribute to marketing and proposals for new business opportunities
• Carrying out administrative tasks contributing to the efficient running of Trustee meetings
• Using technology to support efficient meetings
• Establish professional, polite and friendly relationship with clients, advisers and colleagues
• Learning quickly on the job, through formal training and senior colleagues around you and due to the changing nature of the business, the job holder may from time to time be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within their capabilities.
Knowledge & experience
• Some experience of Working in a customer focused environment on the Financial services side and Following detailed processes and instructions, Building effective relationships with colleagues, clients and advisers and Delivering services to tight timescales
Training, education & qualification ideally towards the Pensions Management Institute (PMI)
• Educated to degree level or equivalent standard
• Strong A levels and Maths and English GCSE or equivalent qualification
• Clear aptitude for planning, organising and attention to detail within the Pensions and Financial services Industry
• Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels from board directors to shop floor workers
• Builds and maintains strong working relationships
• Ability to work in advance of deadlines and prioritising multiple tasks
• Enthusiastic, positive and flexible approach to work
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Deals effectively with challenge/conflict and comes forward with options, ideas and solutions adapted to the audience
• Good team player, but motivated to work individually when needed
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to Develop into Pensions Scheme Manager role supporting IFA And Pension companies product wise assisting the internal Sales Team on the Technical and support side.