A well-established company based just on the outskirts of York are looking to recruit a Trainee Project Manager working within their electrical sector. This role is a perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to develop or has a keen in project management. This is a varied role and would suit someone who is passionate about their work and likes to see projects through from start to finish.
Salary between £18-20k per annum (while training) increasing to up to between 25-30k after full training completed.
Working Monday-Friday office hours.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Communicate with clients, suppliers, and manufacturers, negotiate and chase tenders.
- Follow up on enquiries.
- Logging information on the system.
- Getting prices on materials from potential clients.
- Checking delivery times and logs.
- Negotiate rates with suppliers/manufacturers. Update the internal price files.
- Set up delivery schedules and update internal diary with key dates.
- Update internal system with pricing changes.
- Deal with any invoice queries and sourcing materials for site.
- Take telephone orders over the phone.
- After training take responsibility for various sites, updating site file folders and checking and implementing any changes as and when required.
- Ensure all pricing and billing is correct.
- Ensure H&S documentation is maintained and updated.
- Process any return requests.
- Liaising with external engineers and other contractors.
- Assisting with payroll paperwork.
- Other adhoc related tasks.
Knowledge of electrics/electrical background would be desirable but not essential. Full training is provided and will be hands on.
The ability to be able to pick things up quickly is essential with this role.
You should be able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism, attention to detail and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
You must have excellent IT, and Microsoft Office skills, be proficient with numbers and are highly organised.
If you believe you have the relevant experience then please apply ASAP.