My client are an established IFA seeking a trainee paraplanner to join their busy team. The ideal candidate will be studying towards their Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning and looking to gain experience in the next stage of their career.
They are a growing firm with over 25 years’ experience in the industry. Theyare proud to be a Chartered firm and two of their advisers are Fellows – an accolade they are extremely proud of. With a strong team ethos, the successful candidate will be an addition to a friendly and approachable firm who pride themselves in giving high quality, honest advice that is always client focused.
• First point of contact for clients, both for office-based meetings and over the telephone;
• Update and maintain databases as required;
• Contribute to developing the back-office software to maximise business efficiencies and ensure the provision of a compliant service;
• Liaising with providers regarding change of agency instructions and administration requests;
• Processing fund switch/withdrawal/purchase instructions online;
• Checking paperwork to ensure transactions have been actioned correctly;
• Process application/proposal paperwork;
• Ensuring paperwork meets compliance standards;
• Maintaining office supplies;
• Dealing with incoming and outgoing post;
• A minimum of two years’ experience in the Financial Services industry;
• If not already studying towards your Diploma, a willingness to study towards this qualification;
• To be a strong team player, who works well alongside others, but also on their own as needed;
• Attention to detail and strong accuracy skills;
• Strong organisation and time-management skills;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Good IT skills, including a working knowledge of Word and excel;
• Strong numerical skills
• Educated to a minimum of A Level standard;
• An openness to flexibility with the role as the business grows and the candidate’s experience develops.
• Studying towards Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning;
• A working knowledge of Xplan and FE Analytics
• Potential progression for the right candidate;
• 20 days annual leave plus closure over Christmas week
• Support towards the cost of study material and exams;
• Pension – 3% Employer and 4% Employee;
• Salary - £22-25k, dependant upon qualifications and experience.