We are seeking an experienced Accounting expert to join our client who specialise in energy trading.
This role requires an individual to be a fully qualified Accountant with at least 2-3 years post qualified experience and a good understanding of IFRS Accounting Standards, SAP and trade accounting experience.
This role will be for an initial 12 month contract period, so you will need to be available on short notice or no more than a 1 month notice period.
- Timely and correct submission of monthly and quarterly reporting according to IFRS within the relevant reporting system
- Ensure accounting and business transactions are in accordance with IFRS and local GAAPs
- Primary contact for auditors on all audit related topics in line with relevant legal entity
- Primary contact and go to person for all trading and regular accounting queries and questions.
- Responsible for the handling of physical and financial operations for purchases, sales and storage of crude oil
- Ensure correct posting of monthly invoices and accruals.
- Preparation of financial statements in line with local GAAP and ensure correct reporting to local authorities.
- Reconciliation of oil and product storage quantities and values and ensure the correct accounting treatment under IFRS and local GAAP
- Run and check foreign exchange valuations in SAP on monthly basis and monthly reconciliations of all balances between SAP, Endur and SAP-MM
- Ensure correct and timely reporting to group consolidation departments.
- Involved in evaluation of effectiveness of related operational procedures, coaching of colleagues and special project tasks as required.
Key Skills & Experience Needed:
- Fully qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA) with 2-3 years post qualified experience
- University Bachelors degree
- Experience working within commodities trading or a trade accounting role preferably within physical oil or energy
- Strong knowledge of IFRS 15 and IFRS 9, local GAAP and fiscal standards
- Experience with SAP and ETRM and excellent Excel skills
- Methodical, strong attention to detail, time management
- Team player familiar with working in large organisations with remote teams.
- Ability to set up and maintain workflows that are fast, reliable and flawless in operation and ability to implement required systems and processes