|Location: CHELMSFORD, ESSEX||Salary: 38000 - 49500 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Property & Construction||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 10 months ago||Reference: 3115186|
Reporting to: Construction Delivery Team Leader
Location: Seax House, Chelmsford / Area Offices
Role Purpose: Delivery of third party / external works
• This role is to develop, project manage and supervise privately funded (Third Party) highway related contracts from initial contact with the customer through to scheme completion.
• It will be a mix of office and site based work involving the preparation, administration and checking of contracts, risk assessments, method statements, report writing, stage reviews and updating of scheme process documents.
• You will assist the design team with scheme designs and work closely with the commercial team to issue tenders and contract awards to our supply chain partners.
• The role will require the validation of new schemes, site meetings, production of scheme briefs and identification of required resources, programmes and costs. You will be encouraged to be innovative and introduce new ways of working.
• It involves the management, on site supervision and maintaining of good working relationships with our supply chain partners and customers to deliver a high quality service at all stages of the project.
• You will monitor scheme progress throughout to ensure delivery of service to time and budget and to ensure the correct documentation is in place at all times.
• The role involves site inspections and HSEQ audits to ensure compliance with specifications, regulations and Essex Highways / Ringway Jacobs’ standards and requirements.
• Occasionally you may provide advice to County Councillors, District Members, Parish Councils and the general public on scheme-related matters.
• You will be an enthusiastic member of the External Construction team which delivers a wider range of construction projects. The role will involve assisting other members of the team or may require work on different projects as required in the delivery of the External Construction service.
• The role may develop to include line manager responsibilities of site supervisors or apprentices as work load increases.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• HNC, or equivalent high level qualification, or proven experience in civil engineering and highways.
• Evidence of continuous professional development.
• Knowledge and working experience of NEC or other forms of contract.
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience of using national guidance, legislation and regulations relating to design and implementation of highway schemes. In particular, the Highway Act 1980, Chapter 8 and CDM 2015 is required.
• Construction Skills Certification Scheme Yellow ‘Regular Visitors’ card holder as a minimum.
• Knowledge of Highway Authority and Local Government policies, practices and procedures in relation to highways maintenance.
• Good IT skills of basic Windows packages.
• NRSWA accreditation Supervisor Certificate.
• Experience and confidence of dealing with contractors, members of the public and Cabinet Members.
• Must be flexible with regard working location and patterns as the role involves sites all over Essex.
• Must be keen, enthusiastic, adaptable and willing to accept new challenges including involvement with other roles within External Construction and other RJ departments.
• Must be willing to take on line management or mentoring responsibilities as requested.
• Full driving licence.
18000.00 - 22000.00 GBP Per Annum
BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDSRead more
17,568.00-17,568.00 GBP Per annum, inc Benefits
TELFORD, SHROPSHIRE, UNITED KINGDOMRead more
10.00 - 12.50 GBP Per Hour
BRISTOL, AVONRead more
22,000.00-35,000.00 GBP Per annum
CAMBRIDGE, CAMBRIDGESHIRE, UNITED KINGDOMRead more
20,000.00-25,000.00 GBP Per annum
NOTTINGHAM, NOTTINGHAMSHIRE, UNITED KINGDOMRead more