Job Title: Personal Assistant to Director / Associate Director
Hours: 37.5 per week
Summary of role:
- To provide a Personal Assistant and administration support service to the Director/Associate Director, and members of the Senior Management Team as appropriate.
- To administer the business of the team on behalf of the Director/Associate Director and Senior Management Team including providing cover across the service(s) where required.
- You will be expected to work collaboratively with key partner organisations, service users, carers, clinicians and colleagues across the Trust.
Key postholder responsibilities:
- To provide a full and confidential secretarial and administrative service to the Director/Associate Director. The complexity of this role requires a high degree of organisational skills particularly in diary management and time management.
- Manage the diaries of the Director/Associate Director and Senior Management Team as agreed and take decisions on their behalf in prioritising and re-arranging diary commitments.
- To administer meetings and/or hearings for the Director/Associate Director including organising meetings (attendees, venues etc), collating agenda items and disseminating agendas and relevant papers in a timely manner. To attend and take notes of meetings and/or hearings as required and be responsible to produce reports and notes in accordance with the agreed format. Ensure action points from meetings are followed up and that matters are brought forward as appropriate.
- To review and adjust long and short-term plans on own initiative sometimes at short notice to support the Director / Associate Director.
- Open and sort incoming emails and other post in a timely manner, and where appropriate, prepare and send responses on behalf of the Director/Associate Director. To manage the communication to and from the Director/Associate Director and across the Senior Management Team ensuring that all matters are prioritised appropriate.
- To ensure that there is an efficient and effective electronic and manual filing and retrieval system in operation with a functioning brought forward system. Arrange for the safe destruction of correspondence and files in accordance with statutory and locally defined timescales.
- Manage and administer procurement and ordering procedures and systems for the Director/Associate Director and Senior Management Team including receiving, checking and coding relevant invoices in a timely manner in accordance with standing financial instructions.
- Keep records and administer absence and expense claim forms within the Trust guidelines to support the Director/Associate Director in the collation and management of absence and expenses.
- Collate and administer reports, including performance reports and action logs, to ensure that the Director / Associate Director and Senior Management Team are provided with accurate and timely reports.
- Advanced level knowledge of IT systems in particular Microsoft Office packages.
- Knowledge of a full range of secretarial and administration procedures including diary management and arranging appointments. This will include work allocation, problem solving for team or area of work, as well as answering queries and progress chasing, plus developing alternative or additional procedures.
- Audio Typing