Temporary Management Accountant (City Centre)
Reed Finance Is recruiting on behalf of a valued third sector client in Belfast city centre for a fully qualified and immediately available management accountant to undertake a 6 month period possibly longer) of temporary support.
As a Management Accountant you will be assisting the Finance Manager in respect of a range of financial tasks including day to day accounting and monthly reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of annual statutory accounts.
- Preparation of financial reports including budgets, forecasts and costings.
- Preparation of reports to funders as and when required.
- Maintaining accurate financial records and audit trails for statutory, internal and external auditing purposes.
- Assist the Finance Manager in the day to day management of the Finance Team, including supporting the performance and development of the team.
- Proactively review and develop the provision of financial management information within the organisation and assist the Finance Manager in generating process improvements.
- Ensure that during periods of absence the work undertaken by the finance team is maintained.
- Ensure monthly deadlines are met.
- Professional accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA or ACCA).
- At minimum, 2 years’ experience of producing management information within a finance department for a diverse organisation.
- Experience in preparing management and financial accounts from Trial Balance.
- Experience of budgetary processes.
- Understanding of internal control.
- IT literate with an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Excel – e.g. Sorting & Retrieval, Lookups, Pivot Tables) and a range of accounting software
- Highly organised, meticulous and comfortable working in a busy and deadline driven environment.
- Possess excellent attention to detail to ensure the accuracy of information, to highlight/explain variances and to develop plans for improvement.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability and confidence to relate to staff at all levels within the organisation.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
For more information about this and other accountancy roles (Temporary and permanent), please contact Laurence Jago at Reed Finance Belfast as soon as possible.