|Location: DERBY, DERBYSHIRE||Salary: 32000 - 38000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: DAYS ONLY||Applications: 1|
|Posted: 11 months ago||Reference: 3069463|
Good salary + Bonus & excellent benefits
As one of the world's leaders in the design, manufacture, supply and support of specialised instrumentation products, my client works with the majority of the leading aerospace and turbo-machinery companies to develop bespoke technologies.
From their established Derby facility they've been instrumental in helping blue chip companies get their equipment and machinery into day to day use.
This is a “solution sales” position, so engineering know how and experience is key.
As a Technical Sales Engineer you will be responsible for:
• Developing an existing range of long-term customers
• Building a new set of customers from within a range of industries
• Working with an extremely capable engineering team to develop and test the company products, in order to build a service and support function for their customers
• Visiting and presenting the technical aspects of company’s product range at industry gatherings (conferences, product launches, conventions etc.)
• Travelling within the UK and overseas promoting the company, the products and engineering solutions. This could be at short notice, so flexibility is key.
You’ll also need to
• Understand and be able to communicate clearly the strategy behind each product offering.
• Be able to create and deliver technical sales presentations to existing and prospective clients.
• Be the face of the company at conferences, exhibitions and seminars across the UK and internationally.
• Be aware of developments in the aerospace, aero engine and industrial gas turbine markets.
• Be capable of carrying out product training and commissioning.
• Be aware of customer’s needs and previous usage in order to take advantage of potential upsell opportunities.
• Provide commercial responses in order that the company can be selected as primary supplier
• Understand the technical aspects of existing and potential clients’ requirements.
• Produce reports and sales literature to suit the market you are working in
• Be involved in the full 360 process; from customer enquiry to final acceptance and invoice payment.
• Develop relationships that offer a long term partnerships between the company and client
• Attend client meetings to progress and maintain contract deadlines.
• Involved in developing and achieving the sales strategies business growth.
In order to be considered for role it is expected that you will:
• Carry a relevant degree within an engineering discipline (preferably electronics but other will be considered)
• Have a technical background, preferably within aerospace, aircraft engines, gas turbines or similar rotating plant
• Have a sales or commercial background in a client facing position
• Be experienced in providing technical presentations to a range of customers
You’ll also need:
• Superb prioritising & planning abilities
• An ability to develop and create professional presentations
• Commercially aware and able to exceed targets
• Great negotiation skills
• Great communication skills (written and verbal)
• An ability to discuss technical matters in layman’s terms, so as not to baffle or alienate the audience
• An ability to work independently or as part of a larger team
• Be happy to travel both within the UK and internationally as part of the role (occasionally at short notice). Applicants MUST carry a full UK passport and have no restrictions on travel
• Have a full UK driving licence
• Any knowledge based in instrumentation of any nature would be very beneficial (Strain Gauging, Thermocouples, Pressure tubes, UCTS, etc.)
In addition to working with one of the world leaders in what they do, you will be rewarded with;
- A good salary based on your skills and experience
- A rewarding bonus system
- Excellent hours of work (days)
- 33 days holiday per year (25+8)
- Superb training and career development opportunities
If you'd like to discuss this position before applying please call John Ryan on 0115 9888792
SHEFFIELD, SOUTH YORKSHIRERead more
28000.00 - 32000.00 GBP Per Annum
WOKINGHAM, BERKSHIRERead more
28000.00 - 30000.00 GBP Per Annum
35000.00 - 40000.00 GBP Per Annum
DORSET, SOUTH WEST ENGLANDRead more
18000.00 - 20000.00 GBP Per Annum
YEOVIL, SOMERSETRead more