An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Home Improvement Agency based in the Governance and Business Support team within Rochdale Council’s award winning Adult Care Service.
The Home Improvement Agency are looking to recruit a temp Technical Officer/Surveyor to support their very busy Adaptation team for a minimum 6 month contract.
Your purpose will be:
- To support the HIA Team Manager in all aspects of the technical work of the Home Improvement Agency, with a particular focus on Adaptations.
- To support the HIA Team Manager on Health & Safety matters relating to the work of the Home Improvement Agency team.
- To deliver and co-ordinate an efficient and effective adaptations service, with the main focus being on the technical elements of the adaptation and a high level of customer service throughout all aspects of the adaptation.
- To manage a caseload of adaptations and support the process from beginning to end.
Some of your principal duties will include:
- To carry a caseload of adaptations, including both Adults and Children.
- To support the HIA Team Manager in all technical areas relating to the work of the Home Improvement.
- To work closely with Occupational Therapists on adaptations, having a detailed understanding of adaptations to be able to provide guidance and support on what is technically possible, within the legislation and other policies and procedures.
- To attend the Adult's and Children's Adaptations joint panels whenever necessary, providing technical advice so that decisions can be made on complex cases.
- To process adaptations cases including checking plans and costings, supervising work on site, assessing works for stage payments and ensuring all works comply with legislation, policy and procedure and Health and Safety.
- To undertake visits where there have been complaints or concerns raised in relation to the standard of works by contractors or internal staff of a technical nature.
- To advise and support the HIA Team Manager on the master schedule of works and individual specifications for materials and methods for works to be carried out, particularly in relation to Adaptations.
- To support the HIA Team Manager/Prevention Service Manager in the implementation of service delivery improvements, particularly in relation to adaptations.
- To monitor the work of contractors who undertake adaptations works and participate in contract management with Service Managers in relation to the delivery of adaptations and associated works.
- To support the Prevention Service Manager in the effective management of Service budgets, ensuring that all costs and fees in relation to Technical works are appropriate.
- To assist in the implementation of any framework agreements that may be utilised.
- To contribute to reports in relation to complaints or investigations which may lead to legal proceedings, challenges by the Ombudsman etc, particularly in relation to Adaptations and associated works.
- To assist the HIA Team Manager to identify the technical training and development needs of staff within the team to ensure all staff are suitably trained and authorised to carry out their duties.
If you have experience as a Technical Officer within a local authority or a similar role working with adaptations please click APPLY now!