Our mission is simple… to help the world Love Mondays.
Every week, thousands of people across the UK start a new job – and it’s our job to help them get there.
REED is a specialist provider of permanent, contract, temporary and outsourced recruitment solutions
We require a Technical Officer to cover an existing workload within Rochdale Metropolitan Council, based in Rochdale.
This is an interim position initially for 3-6 months with the potential to be extended, dependent on workload.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Home Improvement Agency based in the Governance and Business Support team within Rochdale council’s award winning Adult Care Service.
The Home Improvement Agency are looking to recruit a temp Technical Officer/Surveyor to support our very busy Adaptation team.
- To carry a caseload of adaptations, including both Adults and Children.
- To support the Home Improvement Agency Team Manager in all technical areas relating to the work of the Home Improvement.
- To work closely with Occupational Therapists on adaptations, having a detailed understanding of adaptations to be able to provide guidance and support on what is technically possible, within the legislation and other policies and procedures.
- To attend the Adults and Childrens Adaptations joint panels whenever necessary, providing technical advice so that decisions can be made on complex cases.
- To process adaptations cases including checking plans and costings, supervising work on site, assessing works for stage payments and ensuring all works comply with legislation, policy and procedure and Health and Safety.
- To take the lead on Health and Safety matters in relation to the work of contractors on site (usually in the homes of vulnerable and disabled people), including but not restricted to asbestos, CDM etc.
- To undertake visits where there have been complaints or concerns raised in relation to the standard of works by contractors or internal staff of a technical nature.
- To advise and support the HIA Team Manager on the master schedule of works and individual specifications for materials and methods for works to be carried out, particularly in relation to Adaptations.
- To monitor the work of contractors who undertake adaptations works and participate in contract management with Service Managers in relation to the delivery of adaptations and associated works.
This role offers a competitive salary of from £14 up to £17.70 per hour and you’ll be working via REED who offer great benefits such as discounts, cashback offers and more as well as weekly pay.
Any offers would be subject to an Enhanced DBS and right to work checks.
Please apply now or email email@example.com and join us in loving Mondays!