REED Engineering & Manufacturing are working with a leading Engineering & Manufacturing company with a global presence.
Metallurgical Lead (Supervisory role)
- Supervising, motivating and developing a team of metallurgists within the company. with direct reporting into the Technical Manager
- You will be driven with a can do attitude and have attention to detail
- Experience of hot working processes would be highly advantageous within a metals discipline
- Knowledge of melting/remelting procedures such as VIM, VAR or ESR would be highly advantageous
- Experience of working with super alloys such as nickel based alloys and steel used within the Aerospace, Oil & Gas and Powergen sectors would be highly advantageous
- Ensuring compliance to national, international and individual company specifications
- Development of techniques to improve the production and treatment of parts
- Provision of technical and metallurgical support to production and technical departments
- Work closely with operations to resolve internal technical problems.
- Establish and monitor KPIs for key process operations.
- Working on and supervising new projects within the company
- Assist and supervise Product Metallurgists with issues arising from processing problems.
- Degree educated in Metallurgy, Materials Science, Forensic Metallurgy or equivalent.
- Experience of OEM customer quality systems for e.g AS9100 or ISO 29001
- Working and adhering to H&S at all times
THE ROLE ALSO INCLUDES A BONUS + PENSION + OTHER BENEFITS