|Location: YORK BUSINESS PARK, NORTH YORKSHIRE||Salary: 30000 - 45000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Property & Construction||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 2 months ago||Reference: 3107522|
In terms of design, there’s the sheer variety of our sites, many of them brownfield and all of them with unique problems to solve. The drive for sustainability, value and ever changing building and environmental legislation means that innovative and unique solutions are required. Most of the people in this team have an architectural or engineering background, and for all, we offer the opportunity to gain expertise in design and project management in a challenging thought-provoking setting.
• To ensure that all information is available to the Construction and other Departments to suit the project programme.
• To liaise with and advise other Departments on technical and interface matters and to provide back-up and information flow.
• To co-ordinate all technical information on projects from inception to completion.
• Good technical knowledge of house construction.
• A working knowledge of Building Regulations, NHBC, Party Wall Awards and associate legislation connected with the construction industry.
• The ability to get on with people together with communication, meeting and management skills essential in dealing with multi-disciplined teams.
• The ability to recognise problems and deal with them in a speedy and effective matter.
• Oversee preparation of all technical information plans through to approval.
• Brief, manage and drive the external consultants in the preparation and issue of production information to an agreed programme, fee and scope.
• Oversee the NHBC/Building Regulations applications to approval..
• Ensure that working drawings are in accordance with the approved Planning Scheme, and ensure discharge of planning conditions.
• To monitor and control all production information in close liaison with the Commercial department to ensure tight cost controls are kept and information produced in line with budget estimates.
• Monitor and control the Professional Fees budget and update fee reports on monthly basis for incorporation into the Board pack Report.
• Oversee preparation of Brochure Plans, Conveyance Plans and Sales Area drawings.
• Attend site progress meetings and carry out site inspections.
• Attend meetings at various stages of projects (Land/Technical handover, Project Meetings, Optimisation, Progression, Technical/Sales, Budget Meetings etc).
• General liaison and co-ordination between other parties, both internal and external.
• Respond to site queries and resolve Technical/Construction problems.
• Issuing drawings and information for initial procurement and final construction purposes.
• Ensuring current drawings are filed in order and ensure departmental procedures are adhered to.
• Excellent communicator, with high detail orientation.
• Extensive experience of working within established development methodologies.
• Ability to prioritise tasks to meet changing business needs.
• Demonstrable effective experience of working for a major company in a similar role.
• Knowledge and understanding of the major functions within the remit of Technical services and how they impact on site acquisition and development.
• Qualified to min HNC in Building, or NVQ Level 5 in a relevant subject.
For more information on this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01618301683
33000 - 40000 GBP Per Annum
BRISTOL, AVONRead more
17390.00 - 19748.00 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
WOOLPIT, SUFFOLKRead more
22000 - 27000 GBP Per Annum
CARDIFF, SOUTH GLAMORGANRead more
48000 - 55000 GBP Per Annum
BRISTOL, AVONRead more
17000 - 19000 GBP Per Annum
WOLVERHAMPTON, WEST MIDLANDSRead more