|Location: COLCHESTER, ESSEX||Salary: 18000 - 19000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Business Support||Job Type: Contract|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 11 months ago||Reference: 3145297|
Do you come from a technical admin background?
(I.E: Logistics/warehouse, Automotive or Machinery)
If yes to both please read on:
I have a 6 month fixed term contract starting immediately (There may be an opportunity to go perm after this time depending on availability etc:) for this reason I will need to only speak with candidates can start work asap.
I am recruiting for a technical administrator to work in a successful company supporting the procurement and engineering manager in their daily function. Your role will be to coordinate and administer all the procurement activities of supplies, consumables and services to support the maintenance department to ensure continued operations to meet customer and business requirements
Key responsibilities and tasks:
• Obtain written price quotes from vendors.
• Compare quotes with the specifications and availability of items and places orders.
• Prepare purchase requisitions through SAP and place orders for the purchase of goods in a timely manner.
• Send Purchase Orders to suppliers using agreed best practices depending on requirements.
• Review purchasing requirements for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with existing policies and procedures and ensure all purchasing procedures and guidelines are followed.
• Research and follow up on questionable invoices and packing slips when assistance is requested by Finance.
• Communicate any supplier order discrepancies and work to resolve with necessary parties.
• Expedite late orders and communicate internally on the potential business impact.
• Manage inventory levels of products to ensure that agreed customer service levels are met and that working capital is minimised.
• With the purchasing and maintenance teams, ensure that services are planned in accordance with the agreed level of maintenance.
• Manage the flow of administration including the receipts on SAP to ensure timely payments.
• Ensure that the engineering spares storage areas maintain a high level of stock accuracy. Manage process flows and best practice around transactions and stock levels.
• Participate where required to all purchasing governance processes to ensure documentation, compliance, risk management and continuous improvements are fully embedded in the organisation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities needed:
• A robust working knowledge of IT and Business systems.
• Logical and analytical approach to problem solving.
• Ability to prioritise and work to time-bound schedules.
• Experience of manufacturing processes to appreciate implications of change, risk and the options available when decision making.
• Excellent communications skills both within and outside the Company.
• Strong administrative ability working in a structured manner with close attention to detail
This role would suit someone who has come from a technical industry doing extensive administrative tasks. This role will be very important to the function of this manufacturing company and you will need to have an eye for detail and a passion for the work you will be carrying out.
In return you will receive:
• Completive salary
• Hours: 39 hrs per week Mon-Thurs 8.30am until 5.15pm and Fri is 8.30am-4.15pm (lunch breaks are 45 mins)
• Free onsite car parking
• Benefits: Cash plan healthcare policy, 28 days holiday, pension scheme, child care vouchers, life assurance policy & quarterly paid site bonus scheme
• An opportunity to work in a global leading company
I am holding first stage interviews immediately. If you are selected for an interview please then be aware that the direct interview stage will be 2 stages with the HR Assistant and Procurement manager.
If you are interested: Please call Emma White Immediately on 01206840100 or Email: Emma.email@example.com
19000.00 - 20000.00 GBP Per Annum
CRAWLEY, WEST SUSSEXRead more
22000 - 24000 GBP Per Annum
BASINGSTOKE, HAMPSHIRERead more
25,000.00-29,000.00 GBP Per annum, inc BenefitsSalary Negotiable
MORPETH, NORTHUMBERLAND, UNITED KINGDOMRead more
10.00 - 11.50 GBP Per Hour
HODDESDON, HERTFORDSHIRERead more
20000.00 - 25000.00 GBP Per Annum
WAKEFIELD, WEST YORKSHIRERead more