Looking for a role where you are really making a difference to people in need?
This is an exciting opportunity to support the delivery of a quality comprehensive service for individuals with common mental health difficulties such as anxiety and depression for a leading health organisation in York.
This role offers an immediate start and will last around 2/3 months with a potential for extension.
Working Hours - Monday - Friday office hours (37.5 hours a week)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Being the first point of contact for vulnerable adults organising appointments with clinics and sending out appropriate correspondence in a timely manner.
- Interact compassionately with service users at all times.
- Acts at all times in the best interest of patients and clients, recognising the potential vulnerability of all service users and acting in accordance with Trust procedures for Safeguarding Adults and Children.
- Handling enquiries to the clinical team, from GPs and other healthcare professionals and taking action where necessary.
- Accurately inputting, updating and retrieving patient data using a variety of systems.
- Maintain an up to date and effective filing system.
- Any other administrative duties as and when required.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Professional and compassionate telephone manner – able to speak to people who are struggling with anxiety and depression
- It literate and proficient in Microsoft office systems – Email / Word / Excel.
- Quick learner able to work as part of a busy team.
- Organised, efficient and capable of prioritising workload.
- Proven secretarial/administrative skills.
- Experience of PARIS is desirable but not essential