Our client, a Local Authority based within Greater Manchester, is seeking an interim Team Manager for its Family Fostering Service.
Rate of pay is £35/hour (umbrella) with an initial contract length of 6 months.
The role will involve the following:
- Managing a team of skilled and experienced Supervising Social Workers.
- Ensuring that service planning is based on systematic needs assessment.
- To ensure that team members are clear about their role and responsibility within the team and in relation to service objectives, policy and procedures and including the opportunity for team members to contribute to the overall improvement of service provision.
- To support and monitor the work of staff through supervision, in order to ensure the achievement of effective social work practice and to promote professional development.
- To ensure all new work coming to the team has been assessed and to make a decision about the response.
- To determine priorities for service provision taking account of statutory requirements, the corporate strategic framework, local authority policies and procedures and threshold criteria.
Requirements of the role:
- Must be a Qualified Social Worker
- Must be Social Work England registered
- Enhanced DBS – this can be provided at no cost by REED
Are you considering a move? If not, you could pass this on to your friends and colleagues – we are offering £250 for every successful recommendation!!
Some facts about working for Reed:
We “Love Mondays” but we also technically work for free 1 day per week as 18% of our business is owned by the Reed Foundation which supports good causes around the world.
We are a family-run business and we just celebrated our 60th birthday!
Our company values are:
- We are fair, open and honest
- We take ownership
- We work together
We are also lucky to run many Local Authority contracts, we are a trusted partner for these clients and, as such, our conduct is impeccable.