Our client, a Greater Manchester Local Authority is seeking a Team Manager Children's Services
Pay rate is £40.00 per hour (umbrella).
The role will involve the following:
- To manage the Team in line with Service policy, procedure and guidelines
- To implement the Council’s Supervision Policy
- Adhere to the Council’s Human Resource Guidelines for Managers, with particular
- reference to:
- Recruitment and Selection,
- Ensure that the training and development needs of staff within the Team are evaluated and actioned in accordance with the Authority’s GEARS programme and the Service Training Strategy.
- Ensure that the staffing practices of Team are in accordance with Council policy e.g. in relation to casual/temporary employment.
- Operate Personnel Practices within the Authority’s scheme of delegation and follow agreed processes with employees and Trade Unions.
- Management of Finance & Resources
- Management of all budgets held by the Team
- Responsibility for budget monitoring and for the control of income and expenditure within approved levels.
- Manage allocation of work in accordance with priorities, ensuring that assessments,
- Care plans and review functions are implemented where required and monitored and reviewed according to local procedures and priorities.
- Maintain effective workload monitoring within the Team.
- Contribute to the development of unit costs for the Team’s activity.
- Participate in out of hours management cover as appropriate to the service area.
- Contribute to proposals for cost effective use of resources and plans for disinvestments and reinvestment.
- Management of Quality & Performance
- Responsibility for ensuring that work is undertaken to meet agreed standards but always striving for excellent practice
- Drive up quality of practice particularly in relation to assessments, report writing, record keeping and meeting of statutory timescales.
- Establish, sustain and develop a quality audit system within the Team to ensure that the Team delivers services to the required standard and specifications.
- Contribute to the management of quality in the Service.
- Manage the performance of the Team, setting individual Team targets.
- Supervise staff in accordance with the supervision policy including the regular audit of casework and feedback to staff.
- Share learning about good practice and to contribute to training and development activities to progress continuous professional development for all team members.
Are you considering a move? If not, could you pass this on to your friends and colleagues? – we are offering £250 for every successful recommendation!!
Requirements of the role:
- Qualified Social Worker.
- SW England registered.
If this isn’t the job for you, please have a think about whether you can recommend a friend or colleague – we are offering **£250** PER successful recommendation.
Please also remember we offer a substantial CPD fund!! Our Social Workers utilise their funds for training courses, books or to fund their trips to conferences and other relevant events. This can often be £500++++ !!! (depending on hours/days worked)
Would you consider joining us? I’m free to talk every week-day from 8am onwards and happy to take evening calls too if it’s easier. And if we’re very lucky, perhaps you might tell your friends too – don’t forget we offer £250 per successful referral.
CALL: 0151 242 6248