|Location: BRISTOL, AVON||Salary: 19127 - 20084 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Business Support||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: FULL TIME||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: about 1 month ago||Reference: 3072546|
Purpose of the job:
• Provide high quality and effective support to the corporate service teams. In the first instance providing support across two areas; Analytical Services Directorate (ASD) and Human Resources, enabling the teams to carry out their own roles as effectively as possible.
• Engage in communication channels designed to facilitate communication flows within the directorates
• Provide the appropriate level of administrative support to other assignments ie projects or processes, as required.
• Proactively contributing to the sustainable development of the Council through consistent application of relevant Council processes ie meeting and travel arrangements.
Providing effective and flexible administrative support to team members, including:
Organising travel and accommodation, making the best use of time and resources
Arranging internal/external meetings for the team, including booking venues
Answering and dealing with telephone calls and post as appropriate, taking the initiative in prioritising, channelling and processing correspondence and messages
Responding to queries
Organising events as required
Coordinating the induction process for new starters in ASD and Human Resources
Provide support to team activities, including:
Organising team meetings
Maintaining the HR paper and electronic filing, ensuring documents are filed accurately and in a timely manner.
Develop and maintain spreadsheets, and use existing databases as required. Updating and maintaining the electronic records management systems
Recording and maintaining sickness records
Providing administrative support to the learning and development function including booking courses and supporting administration related L&D tasks.
Providing administrative support to the recruitment function.
Providing administrative support to specific teams within ASD.
Maintaining and supporting the continuous development of administration procedures.
Contributing to providing adequate and flexible administrative cover within the Corporate Services Admin Team.
Attending, contributing to and following up actions from the administrative network
Appropriately flagging, risks, issues and opportunities
Providing administrative support to project teams as appropriate, involving many of the tasks outlined above.
• Good standard of education including GCSE ‘C’ or equivalent in Maths and English.
• Experience of providing administrative and clerical support within a busy office environment and to senior staff
• Experience of organising and supporting meetings including external events
• Experience of creating and maintaining administrative processes
• Experience of maintaining accurate financial records
Knowledge and learning
• Good knowledge of standard office IT packages and a preparedness to learn to use new IT packages as required
• Ability to manage and organise time well, anticipating peaks and troughs in workload, and to keep up to date with routine jobs.
• Good initiative, for example in handling queries in staff absences and the ability to maintain good working relationships with colleagues
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely on the telephone, face to face, and in small meeting situations.
• Ability to write emails, letters and memos clearly, accurately and in house style.
• Good team worker – willing to assist other members of staff during busy periods. Ability to identify and respond positively to the needs of colleagues.
• Willingness to, on occasion, undertake overnight stays or work outside of standard hours.
18000.00 - 22500.00 GBP Per Annum
HEADINGTON, OXFORDSHIRERead more
7.5 - 7.5 GBP Per Hour
APPERLEY, GLOUCESTERSHIRERead more
11.28 - 11.28 GBP Per Hour
PETERBOROUGH, CAMBRIDGESHIRERead more
18080.00 - 27120.00 GBP Per Annum
WITHAM, ESSEXRead more
19000.00 - 19000.00 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDSRead more