Are you an enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant with a can do attitude and a clear passion for working with children with SEN?
If so, then this Special Needs School in Reading would like to hear more about you! We are looking for a full time SEN Teaching Assistant to support children with Autism (ASC), Moderate to Severe Learning Difficulties (MLD/SLD) and Complex Needs for our client in Reading.
This role is temporary and long term to start as soon as possible, with potential for a permanent opportunity in the new academic year. The daily rate is £70 - £80 per day, based on relevant experience and will be paid weekly (this can be as a Reed Employee or Umbrella Contractor).
Experience working with Autism, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Asperger Syndrome, Physical Disabilities, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome and other special needs would be extremely useful.
You will be responsible for:
- Planning, preparing and supporting your child with their development and learning.
- Supporting students 1:1, 2:1 and in small groups within a classroom setting and the community.
- Providing care and enabling access to learning for all pupils.
- Carrying out pupil’s support programmes.
- Assisting the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom.
Suitable applicants must have:
- Enthusiasm, commitment and determination to develop student’s education.
- Experience supporting children or adults with Autism (ASD) or other relevant experience.
- Enhanced DBS (we can provide this if not).
About Reed Education:
We are an established education recruitment agency based in Reading town centre, we are always looking for Teaching Assistants and Learning Support Assistants for work throughout the area. Within the team we have worked with Reed Education in Reading for a combined 24 years and during this time we have built lasting relationships with many of the local schools throughout Berkshire.
Our market leading benefits for temporary workers:
- Reed Discount Club – A fantastic range of discounts including half price cinema tickets.
- Health Cash Plan – our partnership with The Hospital Saturday Fund allows you to sign up for insurance and lifestyle perks to help cover costs such as dental fees, sight tests, glasses and contact lenses at a highly discounted rate.
- Holiday & Pension – You will get an employer contribution pension scheme and holiday pay.
- Access to FREE courses including Safeguarding training and Team Teach.