SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT – MAKATON/ BSL
Waltham Forest Primary School – Hearing & Speech Provision A mainstream primary school with a Hearing and Speech provision are seeking additional SEN Teaching Assistants to support their children with additional needs, primarily Speech, Language and Hearing.
Some of the children are profoundly deaf and will require support from SEN Teaching Assistants trained in BSL or Makaton.
We are also seeking 2-3 SEN Teaching Assistants to work with children with Speech and Language issues. Some of these children may have other complex diagnoses, such as Autism, but their main need is Speech and Language. In total we are looking to fill the following:
2x SEN Teaching Assistant – BSL or Makaton Experience
2x SEN Teaching Assistant – Speech and Language Focus.
The school can offer additional training and support, especially based around speech and language, deafness and communication issues, as they have a specialist provision and experts on site. This role ideally requires someone with previous SEN & child-related experience. Graduates with experience and a keen interest in SEN are urged to apply just as much as experienced SEN Teaching Assistants.
Does this sound like the SEN Teaching Assistant opportunity for you? If so, please read on below find out further information.
• Additional training provided for willing candidates ·Also working with a range of mild SEN, primarily Autism (ASD)
• £75 - £90 per day – Term time only – Full Time
• September 2020 – Long term contract – Full Time
• Located in the London Borough of Newham
• Experience with SEN & Children ideal.
• You must have a clear passion for education as children, while showing a hunger to learn
• Must be fully committed to the role
• Good understanding of the Primary curriculum and general knowledge of SEN would be desirable, but not essential
• Good academics required: GCSEs and A Levels
• Warm & Friendly Primary School
• Graded ‘Good’ in their latest Ofsted report
• Creative and modern feel throughout the Primary School
• Fantastic Leadership team, supportive and create opportunities for hard working staff
• Located in the London Borough of Walthamstow
If you are interested in this SEN Teaching Assistant opportunity, trial days can be arranged immediately!! Apply for SEN Teaching Assistant opportunity by sending your CV to Marketa.Juggapah@reed.com. You will be contacted by your personal consultant (if shortlisted)!