Teacher of Maths & ICT - Southampton
A Maths and ICT Teacher is required for long term cover at a special school near Southampton. The position is full time, starting September, until at least October half term.
The school, rated Good by Oftsed, is a small special school catering to pupils aged 11 to 16 with Autistic Spectrum Condition, Communication/Sensory Needs, Severe- Moderate- and Specific Learning Difficulties. It is located on the edge of the New Forest and is easily accessible from Southampton by car or public transport.
- Planning and delivering engaging Maths and ICT lessons to KS3 and 4 pupils with Autism.
- Demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and overall understanding of the curriculum.
- Differentiate work where appropriate.
- Mark work and monitoring pupil progress.
- Managing student behaviour in line with school policy.
- Ensure that pupils are properly safeguarded.
- Offer pastoral support as a form tutor.
Qualified Teacher Status.
Entitlement to work in the UK.
Enhanced DBS check on the Update Service.
Patience and compassion when working with students with varying levels of ability and needs.
Good behaviour management and control of the classroom.
Flexibility and the ability to think on your feet.
A proven track record of excellent feedback within the classroom.
The Hampshire Supply Service are proud to work in partnership with Hampshire County Council, to provide teachers and support staff to Secondary, Primary and SEN schools across the county. To find out more about the service, please visit hants.gov.uk/jobs/education-jobs/supply